Maxon invented the Tuk-A-Way® liftgate in 1957 so that the platform can fold and stow under the truck body in the dock ready position. Today, Maxon offers a wide range of steel and aluminum platforms of different sizes along with various bed height options.
Evolved from this product line, the Tuk-A-Way® 72-150 and TE-20 models have resulted as the ideal economical and lightweight choices for smaller trucks with general purpose applications. Here are some of the product highlights:
• Lifting Capacities: 1,500 lbs. to 2,000 lbs.
• Bed Heights: 38” – 54”
• Weight: 542 lbs. to 570 lbs.
• Platform Material: Reinforced Steel Diamond Plate
• Key Features: Center arm, low maintenance, standard ride, low bed height compatible, platform folds & stows under the body in the dock ready position, lightweight design, torsion spring assist platform, available in painted or optional galvanized finishes
Recent Design Updates:
The 72-150/TE-20 series come with a new and improved bolt-on style opener assembly. This new assembly eliminates the need for welding thereby protecting the liftgates factory coating(s).
Mount Plates Now Bolted Instead of Tack Welded
The 72-150/TE-20 mounting plates are now attached to the main frame tube by means of a bolt that is attached to a single tab that is welded to the main frame tube. This new mount plate attachment method replaces the previous one that used several tack welds to hold the mount plates in place. This new method shortens installation times by eliminating the grinding of tack welds.
The 72-150/TE-20 series of gates now come standard with grease-able pins.
Important Note for Gates Ordered in Galvanized Finish
Orders received for galvanized 72-150 and TE-20 models will have mount plates welded solid at spacing as noted below. Bed heights need to be identified on all galvanized orders.
• 34.25” spacing for high bed ranges of 44" to 54"
• 33.75” spacing for low bed ranges of 38" to 42”
An SOR (Special Order Request) will be required for all other spacing requirements or a callout for NON solid weld (tacked only) mount plates.
For more information on product updates, please contact Customer Service at (800) 227-4116 or visit our website at www.maxonlift.com.