Tommy Gate 3,000lb capacity, high-cycle railgate for stake and van bodies.
An extension of Tommy Gate’s pre-existing product line of railgates, this new lift is the first Tommy Gate has produced at the 3,000lb capacity level.
Tommy Gate’s engineers specifically designed the 3,000lb railgate for applications performing high numbers of lifting cycles during daily use. These "high-cycle" requirements have called for the inclusion of a number of quality components such as machined steel rollers, dual-sealed ball bearings, hardenedsteel pulleys, and composite bushings. Incorporating these materials has created a steadier lifting action and reduced maintenance.
The new "high-cycle" rail is being offered with numerous standard features:
- Class-exclusive safety trip bar provides additional operator protection
- Self-close and auto-open cam arm creates hands-free platform open and closure
- Steel rollers ensure consistency of motion
- 12" platform taper eases transition from ground to platform
- Three-light, incandescent light kit included
More than three years of design, development, and testing has been completed on the project, including fourteen months of intensive field testing. The extensive development period and focus on user feedback leads Tommy Gate to believe it has created an elite railgate for its class.
Tommy Gate is a 45-year-old, U.S.-based, hydraulic liftgate manufacturer, located in Woodbine, Iowa.
Harbor Truck Bodies is an authorized Tommy Gate dealer.