WHAT IS COVERED?
All Harbor Service Bodies, Harbor Platform Bodies, and Harbor Van Interiors (collectively “product”) during the Warranty Period (described immediately below).
Harbor Truck & Van (Harbor) warrants each product manufactured by Harbor to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for a period of three years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first from the date the body is placed “in service”. Harbor warrants its factory applied primer and finish coatings and/or powder coat finish against material defects for a period of three years or 36,000 miles whichever comes first from the date the body is placed in service. During the this Warranty Period, Harbor guarantees its products to be free of rust-through perforation. The warranty applies when the product is properly installed by Harbor or one of its Service Centers or Distributors and is properly maintained.
The “in service” date shall begin on the earliest of the following dates: the date of purchase by the first owner/user or; one year from the date the product was manufactured by Harbor or; the date it was first used as a demonstrator vehicle. This warranty is subject to limitations and exclusions as listed in the sections below.
WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCEDURE
The owner shall immediately contact Harbor Customer Service (800-433-9452 Ext. 270 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide a detailed description in writing with pictures showing and/or demonstrating the purported defect. The information must include the body serial number found on a plaque on the upper interior of the first driver (street) side compartment on the body or on the front rail of the platform body on the driver (street) side.
Harbor shall repair or replace, at its option, any factory manufactured and installed part that is deemed defective under normal use and when the product has been properly maintained in accordance with this warranty and Harbor’s OWNER’S MANUAL. The warranty repairs shall be performed free of charge for parts or labor. To assure warranty repairs meet the highest standards, Harbor reserves the right to perform all warranty repairs in-house or at one of Harbor’s authorized Distributors or Service Centers. Any warranty claim, for which repair is performed by truck dealers, customers or other third parties without Harbor’s express written permission in advance, shall be subject to rejection and the warranty voided. It is Harbor’s sole determination whether the product is defective in material or workmanship as claimed.
- Parts, that upon inspection, are found by Harbor not to contain factory defects in material and workmanship
- Warranty claim on any product where the vehicle is not the original vehicle on which the product is installed. Warranty claim on a vehicle damaged to such an extent that the owner or the institution financing, leasing or insuring the vehicle consider it uneconomical to repair it. This includes, but is not limited to a product titled as scrap, salvage or dismantled. Warranty claim to a product where the vehicle has been altered so the true mileage cannot be determined and where the mileage is a condition of the warranty.
- Warranty claim for any part or accessory manufactured by Harbor Body that has been subjected to abuse, misuse, exposure to caustic acids or corrosive materials, fire, negligence, accident damage, collision or theft. Warranty claim for repair the need for which was caused by tampering, disconnection, improper adjustment, repair, or improper maintenance in accordance with the owners manual.
- Warranty claim for fatigue or cracking of body structure due to abnormal stress caused by improper mounting, overloading, severe off-road applications, or twisting loads by a crane where the load exceeds crane/body capacity.
- Any part or accessory that has been repaired by an unauthorized party without Harbor’s written permission where such repair is deemed by Harbor to have adversely affected the performance, reliability or stability of the part. Failures as a result of improper installation or adaptation of the body, van interior or special equipment by an unauthorized party.
- Parts or repairs for outside-manufactured accessories (e.g. cranes, lift gates, generators, compressors, pumps, welding machines, hydraulic pumps or reservoirs etc.) that are not manufactured by Harbor where these products are covered by their own manufacturers’ warranties in effect at the time of delivery. A copy of an outside-manufactured accessory warranty, if provided to Harbor, has been included in your owners’ packet. These are also generally available on line. Parts or repairs that are considered part of normal wear and tear to these outside-manufactured accessories by their manufacturers. Labor for removal or replacement of defectives parts or accessories not installed by Harbor.
- Repairs for corrosion perforation (defined as penetration of rust creating a hole through the metal) due to poor care, exposure to caustic acids or corrosive materials, exposure to improper cleaning materials, external forces (such as stones, salt or equivalent, gravel, accidents, collisions or other forms of impact), or due to environmental conditions including “acts of nature”, industrial fall-out, acid rain or location on an island surrounded by saltwater in a non-contiguous 48 state location like the Hawaiian Islands. Poor care is defined as external rust left unrepaired and later causing corrosion perforation due to neglect of vehicle care. Repair for corrosion perforation due to installation (or de-installation) of accessories by user, unauthorized party or Harbor Distributor/Service Center. In the latter case, the Distributor or Service Center would be responsible for the repair if the the product is still in the eligible Warranty Period. Repairs for corrosion other than perforation are not covered.
- Repairs of paint flaws caused by conditions such as industrial fallout, acid rain, “acts of nature”, exposure to caustic acids or corrosive materials, exposure to improper cleaning materials, scratches, abrasions, dents, nicks, chips, failures on flexible components, failure of under coating, calking, and cracking of joints subject to tensional bending or movement. Normal paint aging conditions.
- Damage or failure of wood floor on a platform body or other upfit including, but not limited to damage from moisture, weather or use of corrosive or caustic materials resulting in buckling, deterioration or damage to such wood which, in Harbor’s opinion, is considered normal wear and tear. Harbor replacement costs for wood floors that are determined to be defective shall be limited to the following percentages: 100% first year; 25% second year; 10% third year.
- Harbor shall not be liable for incidental damages including, but not limited to: rental reimbursement, loss of use, storage, inconvenience, lost time or lost pay, food and lodging, and telephone calls.
- Conditions related to noise, vibration or harshness of ride that are considered normal.
- Products purchased outside the continental U.S. and Canada.
This warranty is the only express warranty made by Harbor, and Harbor’s obligations are limited to those expressed in this warranty. Harbor makes no other warranties, express or implied, and disclaims all other warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose.
Harbor shall not be liable to the purchaser, or any third party, for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential damage or loss even if the potential for such damage or loss was disclosed in advance. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or how long an implied warranty lasts in which case these limitations may not apply. These rights may vary from state to state.
If the product is improperly installed, modified, misused, damaged or otherwise tampered with, the Harbor Warranty shall become null and void and shall lapse.
In no event shall any liability arising from the product exceed the amount of the proceeds received by Harbor pursuant to its sale.
Harbor reserves the right to make changes to its products at any time without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes on products previously built by Harbor.
No person is authorized to modify or add to the Harbor Warranty.
This Warranty shall be enforced and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
Please click on Harbor Truck & Van’s: OWNER’S MANUAL.